- Player - Staff Interaction
- 3rd Party Programs
- Exploitation of Bugs
- Blocking and Traps
- False Gating
- Events and Handouts
- Harassment and Spam
- It is illegal to:
- Exploit the shard, attempt to gain unauthorized access to the server, or attempt to disrupt services. These actions will result in a ban of your accounts and associated accounts and/or a ban of your IP. Dependent on the actions, it is possible legal action may be taken as well.
- Imitate any Officials of the shard. These include Counselors, Game Masters, Seers, Administration, Moderators, Plato, etc.
- Advertise other games or other shards, both in game and on the message boards.
- You will follow instructions given to you by staff in game immediately.
- You may own one house per account.
- You may not own more than a total of four houses.
- Account banning is done by IP, not by account. If you are banned all of your accounts will be banned.
- Accounts are the player's responsibility:
- Be sure to register your account
- You are responsible for the actions on your account. It is not advisable to share your account, account login information or password with anyone.
- Staff will never ask for your password. Do not share it with anyone.
- It is illegal to:
- Use more than one client at one time to kill another player. This includes alt tab syncing.
- Buy and/or sell items or gold for real world cash or items.
- Trade items or gold, for items or gold on another shard, or another game. This includes the other UOGamers shards. Hybrid items may only be traded within the hybrid environment.
- Gather data about Hybrid user accounts. It may result in the banning of your accounts, and possible legal action.
Player - Staff Interaction
- Staff contributes time to benefit the shard and its players. At all times use proper language and respect when interacting with a Staff. This includes (but it not limited to) calling out staff names while they are using their player characters and vice versa.
- Do not attack, or otherwise interfere with a player being aided by a Staff.
- Do not attack Staff character whether present or afk. Attacking staff will get you deleted.
- Do not page or ask staff to give handouts or hold events.
- Staff will not move a player who is lost. In order for a player to be moved by staff, they must be truly stuck due to over-patching/client error. Do not page to be moved because you are lost.
- Under no circumstances will staff return lost items. Game player is at your own risk. This includes (but is not limited to) poker, duel pits, vendors and trade.
- At no time is paging to swear, insult or argue with staff acceptable. Such actions may result in a removal of your paging privileges and/or jail time.
- Players with a legitimate complaint with regards to Staff should send their statement to an administrator.
- Spamming in game, repeated paging or posting on the forums are not acceptable methods of dealing with this issue. These actions may result in a squelch, page squelch or loss of forum privileges.
3rd Party Programs
- The only approved 3rd party programs are Razor, ConnectUO, UOSteam and those listed on the UOPro Programs List. Any other 3rd party program, such as EasyUO is strictly against the rules and may result in banning or jail time.
- PlayUO (formerly known as the krrios client). Using Veritas, players may now use Veritas on UOG: Hybrid.
- Modified PlayUO/Sallos clients will result in jail time and or a ban.
- The autocure feature of Razor is against the rules to use.
- Client modifications and cosmetic changes (eg. Treehack) are allowed as long as they do not change the way the client interfaces with the server.
- It is against the rules to distribute client modifications either through the game, the message board, or through the websites associated with UOGamers: Hybrid.
Exploitation of Bugs
- Exploiting any bug is against the rules. This includes bugs that are beneficial or not beneficial. Accounts associated with the usage of bugs may be banned or jailed.
- Accepting, or possession of bugged items is against the rules. The items will be deleted and the accounts involved may be banned or jailed.
- Unattended macroing is within the rules. It may not include gathering of resources, purchasing of items or taming of animals.
Blocking and Traps
- Blocking during combat, with either your character, or another object is within the rules. This includes boxing people in with objects.
- It is against the rules to contain a players ghost in such a way that they cannot escape.
- Players using objects to block other player, must remove the objects in an expedient manner upon the death of the trapped player.
- Multiple player turreting is legal.
- Faction guard turreting is legal.
- One player using multiple characters to turret (and scripts/Razor/UOSteam macros) is not legal. Players found using these methods will be banned in the same manner as an afk resource gatherer.
- It is illegal to:
- Use a macro or script to complete any part of the house placement procedure. It must be done entirely by hand.
- Trap an NPC in your house. If the NPC can get in, exits must be available for it to leave.
- Block a house sign with items or creatures. Items blocking a house sign will be moved or or removed (deleted) by staff.
- Trap pets inside of a house.
- Trap players within a house.
- It is illegal to:
- To leave boats placed blocking access to mountains, passageways, and ports.
- To place boats to block movement during combat.
- To board another's boat and/or interfere with the commands.
- To break into a boat hull. Boat Hulls are not secure. Store items here at your own risk.
- It is against the rules to gather resources with an automated process while you are away from your computer. This includes, cotton, ingots, or any other spawned item, it also includes automated purchase of items such as reagents. You can use macros for these functions, but you must be attending them. Failure to respond to a staff member while carrying out these functions will result in penalty.
- It is legal to:
- False advertise on vendors.
- Host a lottery vendor.
- Scams are allowed as long as they do not involve the use of a bug. It is up to the player to inform and protect themselves.(This does not include items donated for) M. False Gating
- False gating is legal. Players must use common sense and caution when entering unknown gates.
- False gating will be deemed illegal with the destination results in trapped, or stuck player ghosts. This includes locations gated from illegal runes. The rune will be removed and offenders will serve jail time.
- Using multiple characters at the same poker table is illegal. One IP per table. Two IPs at one table will be considered multiclienting, even if they are not the same person.
- Do not join a poker table to sit afk.
- Playing poker is at your own risk. Staff members will not replace lost gold for any reason.
Events and Handouts
- Events are held at the discretion of the staff. No event guarantees a prize nor are staff members required to give one. Do not page for events.
- Server handouts are given by senior staff at their discretion. Events, holidays and other occasions do not guarantee a server handout. Server handouts can be removed by shard administrators at any time. Buy, sell and trade these items at your own risk. Do not page regarding handouts.
- Event players found outside an events will be moved to the jail until the events is over. Players found exploiting this circumstance may face further jail time.
Harassment and Spam
- Racism will not be tolerated.
- Character names with curses, racism, or otherwise objectionable words will be changed.
- Guild names cannot be racist of offensive.
- Due to the large player-base, language and profanity is not monitored (in-game). Please use the ignore feature if a player is bothering you.
- Racist/Sexual material, wording or symbols use in game will be removed.