Hero
Sign in to follow this  
sumuttaja

I returned after a long while

Hello.
So shortly, I used to play here between 2005-2006 and seemingly my old account still existed which is quite nice.

I'm extremely confused with all these hues/crazy colours/items/rides. Are they prizes from competitions? Or get them from donation? Or simply rares?

What are hybrid coins? Seemingly some monsters drop em.

Dungeon rogue seems not to be a build anymore? Or please correct me if mistaken: There used to be "unique" chests in the dungeons with "random" stuff(kind of like treasure hunt boxes), that you had to lockpick(all levels up to skill 100), but I seem to find only simple chests anymore, that are all openable with the "unlock"-spell, and containing few hundreds of gold each. All of them more or less the same, no items.
Another thing, there used to be orc camps / gypsy camps/random brigand encounters that had boxes you had to lockpick, disarm traps and then even in the end steal the stuff from the loot box. I had rune book full of these spots, since they spawned random stuff in the box, always different. Now they are all gone as well, why?
And about stealable rares, all the spots are empty as well? I remember that there used to be a "randomness"-generator, so the rares never spawned in the same spot(to prevent macroing looters), but they are all empty now.

About faction thieves: Are there factions any more? I don't see any factioners around anywhere any more. That used to be a fun build as well: Faction thief. Running combat wars between factions, disarming opponents, stealing sigils and I remember my best score was stealthing next to enemy factioneer and stealing a smith 120PS from him! So all this stuff is gone as well?

Another thing, when I press "help"-button it says: "you cannot request any help, sorry". Why is that so? I tried to give ideas for events when the GMs asked for that, but was unable to do so.
Seemingly daily events are 2 types now: "moongate to deeper levels in dungeons", which basicly means pks ganging people in the spot, cause you cannot recall away - not good.
Another event seems to be a simple duel, teams against teams with different rulesets, quite dull imo.
Dull, why? Because there used to be massive RP-quests that involved basicly all the players in the game....daemons raiding the whole brit, burning buildings and finally mashing up the uber-balrog, dropping gold, silver and a few rare items. I really miss that!

Chaos/order guild isn't there any more either, or?

So the only way to PVP is simply PKing, since there are no faction/war guilds anymore? And why are the Red chars allowed in towns? It used to be only one town allowing murderers in...
I assume there's no temp/perm skill lost any more either, or?

Thanks for the answers,

-Onkey

Hail friend! You've been gone quite some time indeed. So welcome back!

This server is over 17 years old. As such, things have been made obtainable through various means. You cannot expect a nearly 2 decade old server to not introduce new things to keep people interested, including hues and other cosmetic items. They are obtained through events, donations, hybrid coins, gold sinks, raffles, drops from monsters, paragons, dungeon bosses, treasure maps and more.

Hybrid coins are just another form of currency on Hybrid that can only be used on designated vendors location outside of Britain West Bank, next to the jeweler's shop. You can get them off nearly any monster and you can get monster contracts that award Hybrid Coin for completing them. The monster contract vendor is located outside of Britain West Bank as well, behind the bank and jeweler.

Dungeon chests still spawn, however there are not as many of them as there used to be, at least of the high end ones. There are still level 5 chests, you just need to find them. Also, orc camps, gypsy camps, lizardmen spawns, etc, all still occur. They are primarily in t2a however. They are on a somewhat lengthy respawn however and I do know of couple different players that farm them regularly.

Faction thieves are still a thing, just as factions are. However it is primarily between only two groups at the moment. Faction wars still happen, just not as often since we are not thousands of players strong anymore like we were 10+ years ago. Same for chaos/order guilds. They still exist.

If you cannot page in for help, it's possible that you are page squelched. Meaning you did something in the past that got your paging privileges taken away. It's also possible you got page squelched when we updated the server. If you're on Discord, message myself or one of the other staff and we'll get it taken care of for you. You can also Hail friend! You've been gone quite some time indeed. So welcome back!

This server is over 17 years old. As such, things have been made obtainable through various means. You cannot expect a nearly 2 decade old server to not introduce new things to keep people interested, including hues and other cosmetic items. They are obtained through events, donations, hybrid coins, gold sinks, raffles, drops from monsters, paragons, dungeon bosses, treasure maps and more.

Hybrid coins are just another form of currency on Hybrid that can only be used on designated vendors location outside of Britain West Bank, next to the jeweler's shop. You can get them off nearly any monster and you can get monster contracts that award Hybrid Coin for completing them. The monster contract vendor is located outside of Britain West Bank as well, behind the bank and jeweler.

Dungeon chests still spawn, however there are not as many of them as there used to be, at least of the high end ones. There are still level 5 chests, you just need to find them. Also, orc camps, gypsy camps, lizardmen spawns, etc, all still occur. They are primarily in t2a however. They are on a somewhat lengthy respawn however and I do know of couple different players that farm them regularly.

Faction thieves are still a thing, just as factions are. However it is primarily between only two groups at the moment. Faction wars still happen, just not as often since we are not thousands of players strong anymore like we were 10+ years ago. Same for chaos/order guilds. They still exist.

If you cannot page in for help, it's possible that you are page squelched. Meaning you did something in the past that got your paging privileges taken away. It's also possible you got page squelched when we updated the server. If you're on Discord, message myself or one of the other staff and we'll get it taken care of for you. You can also send me a message on here with you character name and I'll get you sorted.

Events are various and numerous. Currently there is a month long PvM pet war event going on, though the spawners to get the Event Drakes were just recently deactivated. The gates you're referring to that spawn inside of dungeons and give access to another level are not events. They are our Rift system and occur without staff intervention. 

Typically, when we have a month long event going on, we don't do other types of events so as to encourage people to do the month long event. The exception being that we will still host PvP events. At the close of this Month Long Pet Wars event, there will be a short period before we introduce another event. Month long events give all players from all time zones the ability to participate in our events. That does not mean, however, that we don't do other style events or random ones just not as frequently when there is a month long one in progress.

There is not skill loss for simply PK'ing anymore, but there is still faction stat loss.

I hope I've answered all of your questions. If you have any more, feel free to ask me!

Also, there are still rare stealable items that spawn. Some are randomly placed when they spawn, some are not. We do have a few dedicated rare hunters that have the timers sort of figured out (as much as they can as it's a random time between a minimum and maximum time) and regularly search for the spawned rares. A few months ago we even added more rares that you can simply pick up off the ground if it's spawned. You just have to look and be there first before someone else grabs it. Also, some of them will despawn after a certain amount of time if they aren't found.

Thanks for the fast answer.

So Reds can run inside the guardzone as they will nowdays? But criminals(grey status, lets say for looting ones body) will still get whacked by guards, or?
The server seems quite nice and active, thanks for that! I'm actually quite amazed that it's still running after all these years. To be honest, I haven't been playing any MMORPG after hybrid, I kinda feel like a small excited kid again, har! :)

Yes, reds can enter guardzone however they cannot use the bank or attack players unless they were attacked first. If the red attacks a blue player first, they will still be guard whacked. Criminals/greys are allowed in town as well but committing a criminal action will allow guards to be called on them or get guard whacked. If no one is around to call and they loot a blue body, they will become criminal and guards will be able to be called on them for a short duration.

So basically, anyone is allowed in guard zones. Committing any criminal act though will allow guards to be called upon you or get instant guard whacked.

We're very happy to have you back! As I said before, I recommend joining our Discord server. Players in there are usually more than happy to help with anything you might need.